I was approached on my gmail about this project, so here is their request to spread the stoke and here i am delivering it.
You’re busy, lets keep this short!
My name is Dillon Erwin, and I’m the director of Sidewalk Surfing!
Sidewalk Surfing is a film about longboarding culture in California that will be shot entirely by Niagara College film students. Sidewalk Surfing will feature five pro longboarders including Jimmy Riha, A.J. Haiby, Max Capps, Key Dourghety and Tim Del as they “bomb” the coastline of California to give us a better understanding of the longboarding scene. The documentary will cover:
- Longboarding Culture
- Longboard styles
- Manufacturing of a longboard
- Longboard Safety
What We Need & What You Get
- We need approximately $6,000 to get to, stay in and shoot around San Diego, California for 10 days.
- We’re asking for $2,500 via Indigogo as a form of fundraising, the other $3,500 will be raised via other fundraisers.
- We’ve decided to make this a fixed campaign, meaning if we don’t reach our goal of $2,500, we don’t get any money at all. (But we have faith we’ll hit $2,500)
Your contribution to our project means the world to me! I have been dreaming of making this documentary since my first year in film school when I learned about the documentary projects the 3rd year film students got to shoot!
- Your contribution is going towards our:
- Car Rental
- Hotel Costs
- Equipment Rentals (camera/sound gear, etc)
Other Ways You Can Help
If you’re financially unable to help, we understand completely! You can still help our project by:
Thank you so much to anybody and everybody who has helped contribute to our project!